What does motherhood mean to you?
Motherhood – A gift, a calling, a ministry, a blessing and a privilege to not just birth and nurture lives, but an opportunity to shape and influence the next generation.
While mothers are believed to be those who carry and birth a child, the true essence of motherhood gives us access to a heart and love so pure.
And so a mother is she who adopts and loves a child not born by her, she who reaches out to care for sick and less privileged children, she who embraces children of her spouse from a previous marriage, she who becomes a beacon of hope for children with a bleak future.
This is what motherhood truly means, unconditional love and service at its peak. It is about making memories and impact that will last for a life time.
Here are 15 Inspiring Motherhood Quotes to help you see what motherhood really means.
1. ” In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.” N.K. Jemisin
2. ” Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” Robert Browning
3 “Having kids – the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” Maria Shriver
4. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” Tina Fey
5. ” Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” Barbara Kingsolver
6. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” Maya Angelou
7. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” – Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
8. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” Harriette Hartigan
9. “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” Kate Winslet
10. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” Jewish Proverb
11. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” Gail Tsukiyama
12. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life” Abraham Lincoln
13. “Men are what their mothers made them.”. Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.” Catherine Jones
15. “ I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” Oprah Winfrey
Which of these quotes about motherhood did you find most inspiring?