Did you know that God’s love for you is at the foundation of who you are in Christ? The bible is full of powerful scriptures that declare God’s love for us.
However, beyond knowing that he loves you, God wants you to reflect his love to the world around you as a child of God. Dear friend, here are 27 biblical affirmations on love that can help to build up God’s love in your heart when you speak them consistently.
Bible Verses About Love
God is love and because we are born of him, we have his love living inside us. Moreover, God desires that you shine forth this love everywhere you are and go. We see how God himself showed us what selfless love looks like when he gave up his son Jesus to die for the sins of the world. Today, let the word of God give you a clear picture of what love is according to God’s standards as against the world’s standards. Take a look at some of these bible verses about love.
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. – John 15:13
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. – 1 John 4:8
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. – John 13:34-35
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. – 1 Corinthians 13:13
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. – 1 John 4:7
Let all that you do be done in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:14
We love because he first loved us. – 1 John 4:19
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. – 1 John 4:18
And above all these put-on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. – Colossians 3:14
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. – 1 Peter 4:8
Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. – Proverbs 3:3
Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. – 1 John 3:18
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
27 Biblical Affirmations on Love
- I have the love of God abiding in me.
- I am born of God and his love flows easily from my heart to others.
- I love the lord with all my soul, heart, mind and strength.
- I radiate God’s love everywhere that I am and go.
- I bear good fruit in my life which is evident of the love of God at work in me.
- I will not abhor hatred in my heart for others.
- I refuse to seek revenge or bear grudges against others who hurt me.
- I reflect the love of God to others around me.
- I love others just like I love myself.
- I love my husband, children and family deeply.
- I am a living proof of God’s unending love for mankind.
- I will love others from a pure heart and conscience.
- I shine forth the characteristics of God’s love to the world around me with ease.
- I am God’s extension of his love to the world.
- I am a true representation of what the love of God looks like on the earth.
- I give to others from a heart full of love.
- I celebrate others with a heart full of love and joy.
- I serve others with a heart full of the love of God.
- I speak kind and loving words even to those who hurt me.
- I show love to others through my words, actions and deeds.
- I do all things in love and I am daily motivated by God’s love for me.
- I declare that everything I do is done from a place of love.
- God’s love has been poured out in abundance in my heart by the Holy Spirit.
- God’s love is written on the tablet of my heart.
- My heart is full of love for my husband, children, family and friends.
- As God has shown me great love, so will I also show love to others around me.
- Because I have the love of God in me – I declare that I am patient. I am kind. I am not jealous or boastful. I am not proud, rude or irritable. I keep no records of wrongs done to me. I do not rejoice in injustice. God’s love keeps me hopeful and steadfast. I am fully aware of God’s love for me and I will never give up no matter what.
And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you. – 1 Thessalonians 3:12