Who is GOD?
Here are 11 things you should know and can learn about GOD.
” He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever. He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry.
The Lord frees the prisoners. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly.
The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but he frustrates the plans of the wicked. Psalms 146:6-9 NLT
The scripture above gives us a picture of the many expressions of GOD and the things he does. And as you begin to experience God in your life, there are many things you will get to know and learn about him.
God is called the Almighty and Everlasting Father. He is the creator and master of the universe. He created mankind and all that is in the world – the sea, the sun, the moon and the stars.
God is LOVE. He doesn’t just love us, he is love himself and loves us beyond what what we can ever think or imagine. On the other hand, it is sometimes very difficult to understand and comprehend the depth of his love for us. But God is who is is- LOVE.
What are those things you should know and can learn about God?
However, irrespective of how hard it is for you to fathom the depth of who God really is, there is a place where you can get to know him more. And that place is in his word, where he can be revealed to you every single day.
Spending time in God’s word will take you deeper in your walk with him. You will get to know God and learn more about his nature and character. These 11 things you should know and can learn about God will change your life.
Did you know that digging deep into God’s word lets you into his thoughts and ways of getting things done? There are also lessons in his word that teach you about representing God as an ambassador on earth. Knowing God and loving him will cause you to experience first-hand his grace and power for everyday living.
So, what are those things about God that make him sovereign?
HEAR ARE 11 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW AND CAN LEARN ABOUT GOD
1. God made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything in them. (He is a creator and wants you to appreciate the wonders of his hands.)
2. God keeps his promise forever. (He is a PROMISE KEEPER and always keeps his word to you). If God said it, he will do it.
3.God gives justice to the oppressed. ( He is behind the scenes always fighting for your life and destiny). If you have ever felt oppressed and forgotten, God will give fight to give you justice.
4.God gives food to the hungry. ( He is interested in your growth and progress).
He gives both spiritual food and physical food to him that is hungry. Open your mouth wide and let God fill it.
5. God frees the prisoners. ( He never leaves you where he met you. He takes you higher in him and sets the captives free). Just in case, you are bound by the shackles of pain, fear, weakness and hopelessness – know that God can and will set you free. He will set you free from every chain and limitation that has kept you caged for so long.
6. God opens the eyes of the blind. ( He wants you to see who you really are and the potential you that you have). God will heal you and God cause you to see again. Perhaps, your life has been clouded from the truth of God’s word – always remember that there is a God who opens blind eyes.
DO YOU FEEL OVERWHELMED?
7. God lifts up those who are weighed down. ( He is closer than you think and is speaking words of hope and faith to you). Do you feel overwhelmed? Do you feel helpless? Are you just about to give up? Remember this – God fills your mouth with laughter and life with good things.
8. God loves the godly. ( You belong to God now and he loves you irrespective of your mistakes and inadequacies). You are his now and there is some much he wants to do in and through you. God loves you just as you are.
9. God protects. (He always looks to see and ensure that all is well and safe with you). Have you been living in fear? You can be rest assured that when you walk with God, he becomes a shield around your life.
10. God cares for the orphans and widows. ( He never leaves you without hope even in your toughest seasons). Have you lost someone dear to you? Have you lost some things that truly matter to you? Please know that God is closer than you think and he will cover you with his wings.
11. God frustrates and subverts the plans of the wicked. ( He is constantly watching over you).
Is the wicked working to bring you down? Remember that God will subvert every plan of the wicked over your life. God will not go to sleep on your life. Not on his watch!